Saturday, December 30, 2017

A Healthier Family is a Happier Family

 

UPDATE 1/14/18: THE NUTRITION FACTS ARE FIGURED ON THE BASIS THAT THIS ENTIRE RECIPE IS DIVIDED INTO 6-8 SERVINGS. BUT, AFTER PREPARING THIS RECIPE.....THE NUTRITION FACTS SHOULD BE LOWERED BECAUSE THIS RECIPE MAKES MUCH MORE THAN 6-8 SERVINGS UNLESS A SMALL GROUP OF LUMBERJACKS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN FED IN A WEEK ARE EATING IT. WITH SOUP-SIZED PROPORTIONS, THE 3 OF US ATE THIS FOR 3 DAYS, TWICE ON NEW YEARS!!This past summer, I was told I had Diabetes, which I had already suspected.  Everyone offered diet plans to help me lose weight and branded meals/snacks with low-calories, low-carbs, all the things that I don’t understand.  I decided to make a life-style change rather than take on a diet plan or pay too much for prepackaged “health” foods. I know me and I know that if I lost weight via a diet or lowered my sugar by buying low-cal foods and snacks….it would be a quick fix, a bandaid that would come off and just need to be replaced.  I decided I needed to change my diet, change my way of thinking, and get off the couch! It worked! I dropped my sugar level so much my doctor thought he should re-test me and said he was very proud of me. I began SLOWLY losing weight and now the inches are beginning to come off!

I aim to improve my family’s eating habits this year, being more consistent in a healthy diet and sweat-filled activities! I plan to share menus, recipes, and ideas for family activities. I hope that you will share with me as well, to help me on this path to a better lifestyle. I welcome your help with my meal plans, ideas for new foods, simple recipes. My PLAN is to post my menus for the week (note: the operative word is “plan”). I will try to post TNT, tried & tested, recipes and pictures of the dishes as often as I can.

I will be keeping up with and posting my sugar levels, weight and inches, and how active I am, periodically. In other words, this will be my journal that I am sharing with you----so you can keep me accountable! Please stick with me…I can use all the support and encouragement I can get. Maybe you need support, encouragement, or accountability, as well! We can be in this together!

For now, let me share this recipe from Kaylyn's Kitchen that should be a good start for a traditional New Year's Day dinner! I will be shopping for the ingredients tomorrow!

See you in 2018!


Please check out my other pages; you can follow this page from there!



No comments:

Post a Comment

#2 Eat Well....begins with Meal Planning

Last week we listed the things the American Mental Health Association said leads to a healthier, happier life. We covered #1 on the list--...